Michael Pass is a corporate attorney based in New York and Nashville, with deep experience acting on behalf of private funds and businesses across a wide range of industries and stages of development. Michael has a broad-based transactional practice, with an emphasis on mergers & acquisitions, debt and equity financings, corporate structuring and restructurings, and startups.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented an insurance services company in its sale to a publicly traded global insurance brokerage and risk management firm.
- Represented a technology services holding company in multiple portfolio company acquisitions.
- Represented a Fortune 100 advertising and communications holding company in multiple private equity acquisitions and internal corporate restructurings.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of leading provider of security systems.
- Represented a major stock exchange in its acquisition of a microwave network exchange and data center.
- Represented a beauty brand in its acquisition of skincare services and products company.
- Represented a technology B2B media company in its acquisition of a leading online publication for IT professionals.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a cleaning and garment care business.
- Represented an energy hedge fund in its minority investment in a solar power company.
- Represented a global beverage conglomerate in multiple liquor and spirits venture investments.
A native of Nashville, Michael has spent his entire professional career in New York City, beginning in 2010 as a corporate attorney at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP and later practicing at Torys LLP and Davis & Gilbert LLP. Michael is also the co-founder and General Counsel of a niche fragrance brand, Abbott NYC.
104 Continental Place
Brentwood, TN 37027
University of Virginia School of Law
University of Pennsylvania
New York *
* Not admitted in Tennessee