Mark Wilson is a corporate and business attorney in Nashville, Tennessee. Many businesses look to Mark to lead their companies through complex transactions, navigate important governance issues, and provide trusted counsel on emerging organizational risks and compliance issues. Mark works with companies at all stages of the business life cycle. He assists startups, founders, and entrepreneurs in initial entity selection and formation, and later in negotiating strategic commercial partnerships and joint ventures, as well as assisting with the purchase or sale of companies. Mark also frequently works with private investment funds, such as private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds. His work in the private investment space includes a variety of industries, such as financial services, technology, and real estate development.
Specifically, Mark supports business clients in the following areas:
- Drafting the formation documents for new companies, joint ventures, and private funds
- Drafting offering documents and related agreements for private funds
- Negotiating key software development partnerships and SAAS agreements for technology companies
- Providing outside general counsel services, including commercial contract drafting, review, and negotiation
- Advising on capital raising transactions for emerging growth companies
- Developing key employee and executive compensation plans like stock option or profits interest plans
Mark most enjoys the creative and strategic aspects of working with emerging companies and sophisticated entrepreneurs, particularly within the technology industry. Many of these businesses benefit from the expertise Mark gained as in-house corporate counsel for a large publicly-traded company where he served as lead attorney on strategic commercial and technology transactions and data privacy matters. Mark’s unique in-house background also furthers the primary goal of his practice—to be a problem solver first. Mark believes in developing an intimate understanding of the businesses he serves, and as a result, often helps clients navigate the broader landscape of the difficult decisions they face.