J. Chandler Waits
Chandler Waits is a Nashville-based corporate and securities attorney focusing on the representation of startups and their investors. Chandler serves as outside general counsel to a number of high-growth companies across the southeast and is passionate about seeing new businesses grow and thrive. He provides legal counsel to startup clients on a broad range of general corporate matters at all stages of the business life cycle – whether it’s advising on choice of entity issues at the formation stage, assisting with a debt or equity financing round, or representing a client in a company sale.
Specifically, Chandler routinely advises business clients in the following areas:
- Angel and venture financing transactions for emerging growth companies
- Key employee compensation plans like stock option or profits interest plans
- Mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Outside general counsel services, including general contract review and negotiation
- Trademark and copyright registration and protection
- Securities and tax compliance matters
In addition, Chandler helps individuals and families with estate planning and administration. You can learn more about Chandler’s work in these areas here.