J. Chandler Waits
Chandler Waits is a Nashville-based corporate and securities attorney focusing on the representation of startups and their investors. Chandler serves as outside general counsel to a number of high-growth companies across the southeast and is passionate about seeing new businesses grow and thrive. He provides legal counsel to startup clients on a broad range of general corporate matters at all stages of the business life cycle – whether it’s advising on choice of entity issues at the formation stage, assisting with a debt or equity financing round, or representing a client in a company sale.
Specifically, Chandler routinely advises business clients in the following areas:
- Angel and venture financing transactions for emerging growth companies
- Key employee compensation plans like stock option or profits interest plans
- Mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Outside general counsel services, including general contract review and negotiation
- Trademark and copyright registration and protection
- Securities and tax compliance matters
In addition, Chandler helps individuals and families with estate planning and administration.
104 Continental Place
Brentwood, TN 37027
New York University School of Law (Executive LL.M. 2020), Taxation
Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D. 2014), Law and Business Certificate Program
Auburn University (B.S./B.A. 2011), Economics & Spanish
© 2022 Riggs Davie PLC